Class 7 NCERT Solutions Civics Chapter 5 - Women Change The World
Women Change The World Exercise 67
Stereotypes about what women can or cannot do affect women's right to equality because
● They do not get the support that they are entitled to.
● This lack of support makes them weak and incapable of doing any work.
● Hence, women are then termed as inferior to men.
● This kind of behaviour forces society to assign only certain tasks to women.
● Because women are only assigned certain tasks, they are paid less than their male counterparts.
● All this leads to women being ill-treated and not being allowed to do what they want.
In olden days, education for women was prohibited because society felt that it was dangerous to moral development and family life. Hence, learning the alphabet became important to women such as Rashsundari Devi, Ramabai and Rokeya. After learning the alphabet, they could achieve their goals, fulfil their dreams and contribute to society.
- Rashsundari Devi wrote ‘Amar Jiban’, the first autobiography written by an Indian woman.
- Ramabai set up a mission in Khedagaon, Pune, where widows and poor women were taught a variety of skills, from carpentry to running a printing press.
- Rokeya started a school for girls in Kolkata in 1910 and thus helped other girls to get an education.
The given statement is not true because of the following reasons:
● No transport facilities, such as buses or vans, are available.
● Many families are too poor and unable to bear the cost of educating their children.
● Educating boys is a preference.
● Discrimination by the teacher or by classmates.
The two methods of struggle that the women's movement used to raise issues are
● Raising awareness is done through street plays, songs and public meetings.
● Protesting is done through public rallies and is a powerful way of drawing attention to injustice.
I would choose the method of Raising Awareness because I think violence is not a justified method. (Note: This is a generalised answer. Every student can have their own reasons and opinions to choose the method.)