NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 6 - Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
Chapter 6 - Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic Exercise 63
Chapter 6 - Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic Exercise 64
The groups who could not participate in the assemblies of the ganas were the slaves, the women and the kammakaras.
Rajas of the mahajanapadas built forts for the following reasons:
- To protect its capital city.
- To save his people from attacks from other kings.
- To show how rich and powerful he was.
By building these large, tall and impressive walls around the cities both the land and the people living inside the fortified area could be controlled easily by the Raja.
- In present scenario, we have election commission conducting the elections, while during janapadas, there was no such thing. During those times, kings who performed by ashvamedha yagna were choosen to be the rulers.
- Now-a-days all the citizens of 18 years and above have the right to vote. In janapadas, only free men above the age of 30 were allowed to vote while, women and slaves were not allowed to vote.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number