NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 3 - Taro's Reward
Chapter 3 - Taro's Reward Exercise 34
1. Taro ran in the direction of the stream because he could not remember ever seeing or hearing a rushing stream in that part of the forest, and he was thirsty. He therefore stopped chopping and ran in the direction of the sound of rushing water.
2. After drinking sake, Taro's father stopped shivering and showed his happiness by doing a little dance in the middle of the floor.
3. Taro was a thoughtful and loving son who honoured and obeyed his parents, and worked very hard to give them everything they needed. The others however were greedy. This is why the waterfall gave Taro sake and the others only cold water.
4. When the villagers went to the waterfall with pitchers, jars, buckets and anything they could find to collect the magic sake all they got from the waterfall was cold water. They thought Taro had tricked them and so wanted to drown him.
5. The emperor rewarded Taro with twenty pieces of gold because he had been so good and kind. He named the most beautiful fountain after Taro to encourage all children to honour and obey their parents like Taro had done.
2. Taro decided to earn extra money - (ii) to buy his old father some sake.
3. The neighbour left Taro's hut in a hurry because - (iii) she wanted to tell the whole village about the waterfall.
Chapter 3 - Taro's Reward Exercise 35
2. 'This' refers to (ii) rewarding Taro with gold and giving the fountain his name.
Sad - Bad
Money - Sunny
Chop - Stop
Last - Fast
Wax - Axe
Could - Wood
Sound - Round
Way - Day
Chapter 3 - Taro's Reward Exercise 36
(i) This made Taro sadder than ever.
(ii) He decided to work harder than before.
(iii) Next morning, Taro jumped out of bed earlier than usual.
(iv) He began to chop even faster.
(v) Next morning, Taro started for work even earlier than the morning before.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number