Class 6 NCERT Solutions English Chapter 2 - How the Dog Found Himself
How the Dog Found Himself Exercise 21
1. The dog felt the need for a master because he was unhappy with his way of life. He was sick and tired of wandering about alone, looking for food and getting frightened of those who were stronger than him. Therefore, he decided to serve someone who was stronger than anyone on earth who would be his master.
2. The dog chose a big, strong and fierce wolf as his master. As they walked along the wolf suddenly lifted his nose, sniffed and darted quickly off the path into the bushes deep into the forest. The dog realized that the wolf was afraid that the bear would eat them up. . Since the dog wanted to serve only the strongest, he left the wolf and asked the bear who was stronger than the wolf to be his master.
3. He chose the bear to be his next master.
4. He served the lion for a long time because it was a good life and there was nothing to complain about. There was no one more powerful and stronger than the lion in the forest and so no one dared to touch the dog or offend him in any way. The lion was not afraid of any creature and thus, the dog was well protected by it. Therefore, the dog lived happily by serving the lion for a long time.
5. He finally chose man as his master. One day, while the dog and the lion were walking along a path between bare cliffs the lion suddenly stopped, gave a great roar and struck the ground angrily with his paw with such force that it formed a hole. He backed away quietly as he had smelt a man coming that way. The dog then realised that the lion was afraid of man. As he wanted to serve someone who was the most powerful and stronger than anyone on earth, he chose man as his master.
How the Dog Found Himself Exercise 22