NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 9 - Desert Animals
Chapter 9 - Desert Animals Exercise 117
(i) No animal can survive without water. True
(ii) Deserts are endless sand dunes. False
(iii) Most snakes are harmless. True
(iv) Snakes cannot hear, but they can feel vibrations through the ground. True
(v) Camels store water in their humps. False
(i) Desert animals cannot survive without water. They find different ways of coping with the harsh desert conditions. For example, gerbils spend the hottest part of the day in cool underground burrows. And darkling beetles catch moisture on their legs and then lift them into the air till the drops trickle down into their mouths.
(ii) Mongooses kill snakes without getting hurt themselves. Their reactions are so fast that they dodge each time the snake strikes. They continually make a nuisance of themselves, and after a while, when the snake gets tired, they quickly dive in for the kill.
(iii) When there is no water, the hump of a camel helps it by acting as a storage container. The hump is full of fat that nourishes the camel when food is scarce.
Chapter 9 - Desert Animals Exercise 118
2. Most fruits have plenty of sugar, but some citrus fruits have less sugar.
3. Most soft drinks have lots of 'empty calories', but this one does not have 'empty calories'.
4. Most films are romances, but a few are on other topics.
5. Most people agree that he is a good leader, but a few disagree.
Chapter 9 - Desert Animals Exercise 119
2. We cannot see bacteria with our eyes; we have to look at them through a microscope.
3. He cannot have a new bicycle now; he has to wait till next year.
4. Old people often cannot hear very well; they have to use a hearing aid.
5. Road users cannot do what they wish; they have to follow the traffic rules.
6. She cannot accept this decision; she has to question it.
7. You cannot believe everything you hear; you have to use your own judgment.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number