1. Transpiration: Water is lost in the form of vapour.
Guttation: Water is lost in the form of water droplets.
2. Tranpisration: Pure water is converted into water vapour.
Guttation: Water contains mineral salts dissolved in it.
3. Transpiration: Water vapour is lost through stomata, lenticels and cuticle.
Guttation: Water is lost through hydathodes.
4. Transpiration: It occurs in the presence of the sunlight.
Guttation: It occurs at night or in early morning.
5. Transpiration: It has the cooling effect on the plant.
Guttation: It does not have any significant effect on the plant.