CBSE - IX - English
My SA-2 exam is on friday. So can you suggest me some methods while writing story which is a part of writing section (10 marks).
You can keep the following format in mind while writing a story.
- Introduction: The characters are introduced. A brief account of the setting is also established in this part.
- Rising action: Rising action refers to the events that lead up to the crisis.
- Crisis: Characters go through some kind of predicament. Crisis becomes the main catalyst for the evolution of the story and the character.
- Climax: Climax refers to the stage where the crisis escalates to its highest point. It is the most crucial part of the story.
- Falling action: Falling action refers to the events that follow the climax. The intensity of the events lessens in this stage.
- Resolution: It is also known as Denouement. It is where the conflict and the crisis in the story are finally resolved. Loose ends of the story are tied and the story is brought to a close.
Steps for Writing a Story
- Step 1: Fix a theme that you want to write about. What would be the moral of your story?
- Step 2: Establish the setting
- Step 3: Create character sketches
- Step 4: Outline the plot of the story
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10