Junior - I - Biology
explain the process of ferilisation in human females in detail plzz
- Fertilisation is the process of the male gamete (sperm) and the female gamete (ovum) to form a zygote.
- During copulation, the sperms are released into the vagina near the cervix of the uterus.
- These sperms actively pass through the passage of the cervix into the uterine cavity.
- Of the millions of sperms released into the vagina, very few are able to reach the upper parts of the oviducts. The rest die on the way and are absorbed.
- A few days after ovulation (12th or 13th day) are the most favourable for conception.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10