Construct a tangent of a circle of radius 4 cm from a point on the concentric circle of radius 6 cm.
Steps of construction:
1. Draw two concentric circle with centre O and radii 4 cm and 6 cm. Take a point P on the outer circle and then join OP.
2. Draw the perpendicular bisector of OP. Let the bisector intersects OP at M.
3. With M as the centre and OM as the radius, draw a circle. Let it intersect the inner circle at A and B.
4. Join PA and PB.
Therefore, are the required tangents.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics