Please wait...
1800-212-7858 (Toll Free)
9:00am - 8:00pm IST all days

or

Thanks, You will receive a call shortly.
Customer Support

You are very important to us

For any content/service related issues please contact on this toll free number

022-62211530

Mon to Sat - 11 AM to 8 PM

3 Rules for Determining the Uncertainty in the Resu lts of Ar ithmat ic Calculations The rules for determining the uncertainty or error in the number/measured quantity in arithmetic operations can be understood from the following examples. (1) If the length and breadth of a thin rectangular sheet are measured, using a metre scale as 16.2 cm and, 10.1 cm respectively, there are three significant figures in each measurement. It means that the length l may be written as l = 16.2 0.1 cm = 16.2 cm 0.6 %. Similarly, the breadth b may be written as b = 10.1 0.1 cm = 10.1 cm 1 % Then, the error of the product of two (or more) experimental values, using the combination of errors rule, will be l b = 163.62 cm2 + 1.6% = 163.62 + 2.6 cm2 This leads us to quote the final result as l b = 164 + 3 cm2 Here 3 cm2 is the uncertainty or error in the estimation of area of rectangular sheet.

Asked by manisha 28th July 2012, 11:58 PM
Answered by Expert
Answer:
If you are not able to understand how we get the percentage error in calculations, it can be easily determined from
A = A ?A
 
as percentage error:  ?A/A x 100
Answered by Expert 5th August 2012, 9:30 AM
Rate this answer
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

You have rated this answer /10

Your answer has been posted successfully!

Chat with us on WhatsApp