CBSE - IX - Chemistry - Is Matter Around Us Pure?
1) What is the density of water and of mercury? Whuch ine has more density?
2) Some liquids float on water while some others settle down at the bottom? What does it tell us about their density?
3) Are saturated and concentrated solutions the same? If not, why?
4)Which are homogeneous mixtures and which are heterogeneous? State reasons for the answer.
5) Elements can be separated into its molecules or particles. Then why is it said that elements cannot be broken down into simpler substances. Explain with an example of any element.
6) Why is air homogeneous if it consists of different gases in varied quantities? Even a mixture of stone in pulses is called a heterogeneous mixture, then why not air if it contains 21 percent oxygen and 78 percent nitrogen?
In case of multiple questions within a query, please post each question individually and let us know where you are getting stuck so that we would be able to explain things better.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10