why dams have broad walls at the base
Asked by nathsantanukumar | 29th Mar, 2018, 11:50: AM
Dams have broad walls at the base to withstand the high pressure exerted by the water. The pressure in liquids increases with the increase in the depth of water.
Answered by | 29th Mar, 2018, 03:46: PM
- State Pascal's law and mention it's applications?
- Tell some applications of floatation
- For a floating body how is its weight related to the buoyant force
- Describe a laboratory experiment to determine the volume of the glass stopper.
- Book says that iron needle sinks but a iron ship floats. Density of water is also greater than iron needle.
- Pressure at a point in a liquid depends on its depth?
- You are provided with the glass stopper and common laboratory equipment. How will you proceed to find its density?
- What is density
- Why do objects like metals or stone sink in water?
- How will you relate relative density and density?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number