The TSA of a solid cylinder is 462cm2 and its curved surfave area is one third of its total surface area . Find the volume of a cylinder
Asked by harinikurimilla | 2nd May, 2019, 07:45: PM
The radius and height of the cylinder be r and h respectively.
Total surface area of cylinder = 462
2∏r(r + h) = 462 ....(i)
Lateral surface area of cylinder = 1/3 of total surface area of cylinder
2∏rh = 1/3 of 462 = 154 ....(ii)
Dividing (i) by (ii)
(r + h)/h = 3
Solving we get h = r/2
2∏rh = 154 where h = r/2
We get r = 7 cm
hence, h = r/2 = 3.5 cm
Volume of cylinder = ∏r2h = 539 cm2
Answered by Sneha shidid | 3rd May, 2019, 09:52: AM
- 4 cubes each of side 8cm are placed adjacent to each other find the total surface area of the cuboid former
- Find the cost of digging a well 2m in radius and 14 m deep at the rate of Rs. 4.80 per m
- 50 circular plates, each of radius 7 cm and thickness 12 cm are placed one above the other to form a solid right circular cylinder. Find the total surface area and volume of the cylinder.
- A road roller has a diameter 0.7 m and it's width 1.2m .Find the least number of revolutios that the roller must take in order to level a playground of size 120m ×44m
- Findi the radius of a cylinder whose height is 42 cm and whose curved surface area is 8448 cm²
- The volume of the right circular cylinder is 308 cm^3 and its height is 8cm. Find ( i) the radius (ii) the area of its curved surface.
- The total surface area of a solid cylinder is 462 cm^2 and its curved surface area is one-third of its total surface area. Find the volume of the cylinder.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number