CBSE Class 10 Answered
Structure of a biogas (gobar gas) plant:
The biogas plant is a dome-like structure made of bricks and cement. It consists of the following five compartments:
- Mixing tank: Present above the ground level.
- Inlet chamber/tank: The mixing tank opens underground into a sloping inlet chamber.
- Digester: The inlet chamber opens from below into the digester. The digester is a huge tank with a dome-like ceiling. The ceiling of the digester has an outlet with a valve for the supply of biogas.
- Outlet chamber/tank: The digester opens from below into an outlet chamber.
- Overflow tank: The outlet chamber opens from the top into a small overflow tank.