Discuss the features of monsoon deciduous forest?
what product are obtained from the forest of india?
Asked by sanatanblue | 28th Dec, 2015, 12:39: PM
Characteristics of the Monsoon deciduous forests are:
- Monsoon deciduous forests are generally found in the regions experiencing monsoon type of climate.
- These trees shed their leaves for about six to eight weeks in summer.
- Monsoon deciduous forests can be classified into the moist deciduous forests and the dry deciduous forests.
- The moist deciduous forests are found in wet regions which receive rainfall ranging between 100-200 cms annually.
- The dry deciduous forests are found in those areas where annual rainfall ranges from 100-150 cm annually.
- Monsoon forests are especially well developed in Southeast Asia and are typified by tall teak trees and thickets of bamboo.
Please ask question (b) as separate queries.
Answered by Social Science Expert | 28th Dec, 2015, 12:56: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number