Discuss how the evils of dual government led to the collapse of the administration and economy.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 10th Oct, 2016, 01:42: PM
Evils of dual government:
- Revenue was collected by greedy and corrupt Indian officials who reduced the peasants to conditions of utter misery.
- Conditions of the people got worse because of a terrible famine where one-third of the population perished.
- Nobody paid attention to people affected, neither the Nawab nor the Company.
- Hence, administration and economy began to collapse.
- In 1772, Warren Hastings was appointed as the Governor of Bengal.
Answered by | 10th Oct, 2016, 03:42: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number