difference between maize and bean seed?
Asked by susantadebnath00 | 29th Aug, 2014, 12:57: PM
(i) Maize seed is a monocot seed whereas bean seeds are dicot seed.
(ii) Maize seed only have a single leaf inside, most of the space inside the seed is reserved for endosperm but bean seed have two leaves, both of which store and provide food to the seedling in absence of endosperm.
(iii) Corn seeds (maize) germinates in three days but bean seed takes seven days to germinate.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 29th Aug, 2014, 10:04: PM
- Can I have the structure of castor bean seeds explanation with image?
- Is tegmen present in every seed?
- Importance of tegmen?
- give any two examples each of endospermic and non endospermic seeds
- What is dry weight in biology
- Differentiate between an embryo and a seed
- Some seeds have no cotyledons(True/False) Does mango seed have an aleurone layer. Rice,maize and wheat are rich in __________ food.
- Differentiate between seed and seedling.
- what is the location of Micropyle
- The upper part of the emrayo axis is
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number