Basically Sir/Madam , I was giving this Sciense test, it was a generated test and a question asked was Q) Is DNA a blueprint of life , i marked it as false thinking that DNA is the blue print of the body of the organism and the answer turned out to be true, was i wrong.
Asked by Mayuresh | 27th Feb, 2015, 12:26: PM
Every living organism depends on its proteins for its existence. Almost every cell of the body contains DNA and all the information required to make us what we are is obtained from the DNA. Everything from the way we feel to the way we digest our food is controlled by the proteins within our cells. The sequence from the DNA gets transferred to mRNA, which then contains the information used to build proteins. When our body needs more or less of a specific protein, different molecular signals adjust the rate at which the information from DNA is used to build proteins. So, the DNA contains all the information necessary for building the proteins within an organism. Hence, DNA is rightly called the blueprint of life.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 27th Feb, 2015, 12:43: PM
- What is the differences between Diploid and haploid? And aslo give the defination of Diploid and haploid.
- What is reproduction
- Why is reproduction so essential in living organisms
- Name some plants which can reproduce by natural parthenogenesis.
- Kya hota h reproduction
- What is the basic event of the reproduction
- Reproduction is linked with the stabality
- What is an offspring ?
- is the chromosome no. of zygote, embryonal cells and adult of a particular organism alays constant?how is the constancy maintained in these three stages??
- DNA copies generated will be similar but not identical to original give answer in refernce to asexual reproduction
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number