A taken 3 hours more than B to walk 30 km. But if A doubles his pace, he is ahead of B by hours. Find their speed of walking.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 9th Aug, 2017, 09:32: AM
Let speed of km/hr.
Therefore according to the question we get two equation.
Then equation (1) and (2) becomes
or …….. (3)
Adding (3) and (4) we get
Putting this value of A in (3) we get
Hence speed of A is km/hr and B is 5 km/hr.
Answered by | 9th Aug, 2017, 11:32: AM
- 4/x + 3y = 14 3/x - 4y =23
- a/b + b/y = c. And. b/x + a/y = 1/c find x and y chapter:3 class 10 maths
- 8 men and 12 boys can finish a piece of work in 10 days, while 6 men and 8 boys can finish it in 14 days. Find the time taken by one man alone and that by one boy alone to finish the work.
- the sum of the numerator and denominator of a fraction is 8. if 3 is added to both it's numerator as well the denominator the
- ritu can row downstream 30 km in 3 hours and upstream 5 km in 3 hours. find her speed of rowing in still water and the speed of the current
- Find the sum of all three -digits natural numbers which are divisible by 13.
- Sir lease explain me how to solve the problems of upstream and downstream
- A boat covers 14 kms in upstream and 20 kms downstream in 7 hours. Also it covers 22 kms upstream and 34 kms downstream in 10 hours. Find the speed of the boat in still water and of that the stream.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number