A and B went to a moneylender to borrow a total of ₹ 60,000. The money lender gave A a loan at 28% p. a. and B a loan at a higher rate of interest. If both A and B had to pay the moneylender ₹ 9,800 as interest after a year, how much money was lent to B and at what rate of simple interest?
Asked by Cl_narayan | 26th Nov, 2019, 05:10: PM
A and B went to a moneylender to borrow a total of ₹ 60,000. The money lender gave A a loan at 28% p. a. and B a loan at a higher rate of interest. If both A and B had to pay the moneylender ₹ 9,800 as interest after a year
Answered by Arun | 27th Nov, 2019, 01:50: PM
- Find the principal on which a simple interest of ₹55 will be obtained after 9 months at the rate of 5.5%per annum
- 4000 amount to 5000 in 8 years ; in what time will 2100 amount to 2800 at the same rate ?
- Find the si and amount which rs 12500 amounts to8%pa from 18th January 2011 to 19TH APRIL 2012
- At what rate of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 6 years?
- Simple interest on a certain sum is 9/16 of the sum. Find the rate per cent and the time if both are numerically equal.
- A man borrows a sum of money and agrees to settle his debt by paying Rs 1200 at the end of the first year and Rs 1200 at the end of the second year. If the rate of simple interest was 6% per annum, find the sum borrowed.
- On 01.04.2012, Preeti takes a study loan of ₹ 4.5 lakh from a bank at a concessional rate of 4.8% p. a. On 01.10.2015, she repays ₹ 2.5 lakh. How much money will Preeti owe to the bank on 01.06.2017?
- 1) An office receptionist took ₹8000 as a personal loan from the manager for 6 months at 11%per annum simple interest. At the end of 6 months, she gave the manager ₹3500 & a gold coin to settle her dues. At what price did the manager get the gold coin?
- 1) At what rate of simple interest will a sum of money treble itself in 6 years?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number