Please wait...
Contact Us
Need assistance? Contact us on below numbers

For Study plan details

10:00 AM to 7:00 PM IST all days.

For Franchisee Enquiry



Thanks, You will receive a call shortly.
Customer Support

You are very important to us

For any content/service related issues please contact on this number

9372462318 / 9987178554

Mon to Sat - 10 AM to 7 PM

While naming a compund can you write Alcohol instead of "ol"?
For example: Lets say the compund is named pent-4-ene-7-ol.
Will the naming be wrong if I write it as pent-4-ene-7-Alcohol? 

Asked by Deebu 10th March 2015, 5:15 PM
Answered by Expert
In IUPAC nomenclature, "ol" is used instead of "alcohol". In common naming, the word "alcohol" is used after the parent name.
For example:
Common name of above compound is heptene alcohol.
The name provided in the question is incorrect.
Answered by Expert 11th March 2015, 11:16 AM
Rate this answer
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

You have rated this answer /10

Your answer has been posted successfully!

Free related questions

Chat with us on WhatsApp