what is meant by quark?
- Quark is an elementary particle (a particle which has no further sub-particles) which combines to form composite particles like hadrons.
- Hadron consists of quarks held together by a force which is similar to the intermolecular force.
- Hadrons are classified into two types the baryons which are, made of three quarks, and the mesons, which are made up of one quark and one antiquark.
- Subatomic particles like proton and neutron are the major examples of baryons.
- There are six types of quarks, known as flavours of quarks: up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom.
You have rated this answer /10