NCERT Solution for Class 6 History Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdom
NCERT Textbook Solutions are considered extremely helpful when preparing for your CBSE Class 6 History exam. TopperLearning study resources infuse profound knowledge, and our Textbook Solutions compiled by our subject experts are no different. Here you will find all the answers to the NCERT textbook questions of Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdom.
All our solutions for Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdom are prepared considering the latest CBSE syllabus, and they are amended from time to time. Our free NCERT Textbook Solutions for CBSE Class 6 History will strengthen your fundamentals in this chapter and can help you to score more marks in the examination. Refer to our Textbook Solutions any time, while doing your homework or while preparing for the exam.
NCERT Solution for Class 6 History Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdom Page/Excercise 120
State whether true or false:
(a) Harishena composed a prashasti in praise of Gautamiputra Shri Satakarni.
(b) The rulers of Aryavarta brought tribute for Samudragupta.
(c) There were twelve rulers in Dakshinapatha.
(d) Taxila and Madurai were important centres under the control of the Gupta rulers.
(e) Aihole was the capital of the Pallavas.
(f) Local assemblies functioned for several centuries in south India.
NCERT Solution for Class 6 History Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdom Page/Excercise 121
Mention three authors who wrote about Harshavardhana.
Three authors who wrote about Harshavardhana were his court poets
- Banabhatta - who worte Harshacharita
- Xuan Zang - the Chinese traveller and
What changes do you find in the army at this time?
The changes which we find in the armies of this time are:
- The king had a large and well organized armies consisting of elephants, chariots, cavalry and foot soldiers.
- The soldiers used different kind of weapons - arrows, swords, spikes, etc.
- It comprised military leaders who provided the king with troops whenever he needed them.
- The leaders or samantas were not paid salaries but were given grants of lands from which they collected revenue. The revenue was used to maintain soldiers, horses and provide equipment for warfare.
What were the new administrative arrangements during this period?
The new administrative arrangements during this time were:
- Some important administrative posts were now hereditary, i.e. the son succeeded the father to their posts.
- Sometimes one person held many offices. For example, besides being a Maha-danda-nayak Harisena was a kumar-amatya, i.e. an important minister.
- Important men had a say in the local administration. These included the nagara-shreshthi or chief banker /merchant of the city, the sarthavaha or leader of the merchant caravans, the parathama-kulika or the chief craftsman and the head of the Kayasthas or scribes.
What do you think Arvind would have to do if he was acting as Samudragupta?
If Arvind was acting as Samudragupta he would have:
- Lead his army successfully and won victories in battles.
- As a learned man and musician played the veena.
- Established a strong and efficient administration.
- Looked after the welfare of the people.
Do you think ordinary people would have read and understood the prashastis? Give reasons for your answer.
No. The ordinary people would not have understood the Prashastis because these were written in Sanskrit language, the language of the learned. Also these were composed in very long sentences.
NCERT Our Past Class 6 Chapter Solutions
CBSE Class 6 Textbook Solutions
Browse Study Material
Browse questions & answers
TopperLearning provides step-by-step solutions for each question in each chapter in the NCERT textbook. Access Chapter 11 - New Empires and Kingdom here for free.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History are by our subject matter experts. These NCERT Textbook Solutions will help you to revise the whole chapter, and you can increase your knowledge of History. If you would like to know more, please get in touch with our counsellor today!