NCERT Solution for Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government
NCERT Textbook Solutions are considered extremely helpful when preparing for your CBSE Class 6 Civics exam. TopperLearning study resources infuse profound knowledge, and our Textbook Solutions compiled by our subject experts are no different. Here you will find all the answers to the NCERT textbook questions of Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government.
All our solutions for Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government are prepared considering the latest CBSE syllabus, and they are amended from time to time. Our free NCERT Textbook Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Civics will strengthen your fundamentals in this chapter and can help you to score more marks in the examination. Refer to our Textbook Solutions any time, while doing your homework or while preparing for the exam.
NCERT Solution for Class 6 Civics Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government Page/Excercise 40
How would Maya's life be different in South Africa today?
As South Africa is no longer under the apartheid rule, Maya's life would be different in the following ways:
● She will enjoy equal rights to participate in the affairs of the government.
● She will no longer be separated or discriminated on the basis of race.
● She will have equal benefits.
● She will have access to the basic amenities of life without fear.
● She will be protected by law.
What are the various ways in which people participate in the process of government?
People in a democracy participate in the process of government in various ways. These are
- Taking an interest in the working of the government.
- Electing the leaders by voting in the elections.
- By criticising the government on various unpopular issues.
- By expressing their views and making the government understand what actions need to be taken. These include dharnas, rallies and signature campaigns.
- By organising themselves into social groups that seek to challenge the government and its functioning.
Why do you think we need the government to find solutions to many disputes or conflicts?
The government is entrusted with power and responsibility by the Indian Constitution to see that its laws are followed by all the various individuals and groups present within the social, political and economic spheres.
Conflicts appear when people of different cultures, religions or regions of economic backgrounds do not get along with each other or when they are being discriminated against. People may use violent means to settle their differences. This leads to fear and tension among them. In such a case, the government steps in, in any of its forms (courts, Panchayats, police etc.), to bring about a peaceful and best possible resolution to the conflict.
The conflicts can be between two individuals or religious sects, between organisations, between an organisation and its workers or even between states.
What actions does the government take to ensure that all people are treated equally?
A democratic government is one where equality and justice are maintained for all citizens. Equality and justice are inseparable.
The actions that the government takes to ensure that all people are treated equally are
● Banning discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religion, region, gender, wealth, language etc.
● Making special provisions for underprivileged people.
● Making available the basic requirements for proper food, clothing, shelter, education and employment for all.
● Taking pecuniary actions when the law is not properly followed.
Read through the chapter and discuss some of the key ideas of a democratic government. Make a list. For example, all people are equal.
The key ideas of the democratic government are
● Ban on discrimination on the basis of caste, creed and sex.
● Holding elections at a regular interval.
● Justice and equality for all.
● Resolution of conflicts.
● Allowing people the right to vote.
NCERT Social and Political Life Class 6 Chapter Solutions
CBSE Class 6 Textbook Solutions
Browse Study Material
Browse questions & answers
TopperLearning provides step-by-step solutions for each question in each chapter in the NCERT textbook. Access Chapter 4 - Key Elements of a Democratic Government here for free.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics are by our subject matter experts. These NCERT Textbook Solutions will help you to revise the whole chapter, and you can increase your knowledge of Civics. If you would like to know more, please get in touch with our counsellor today!