NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Chapter 6(C) - Children and Computers
Chapter 6(C) - Children and Computers Exercise 122
Education of the girl child is a burden
1. Girls have faced discrimination for ages.
2. Society never favoured education of a girl child and preferred education of a male child.
3. If we want the change and society to treat both a man and a woman at par, it is important to groom them both equally.
4. We must make a girl self-dependent and to do so it is necessary for her to be educated.
5. If we educate a boy we educate a boy alone; if we educate a girl, we educate a whole family.
1. Girls play the role of home makers. They have a responsibility to breed and rear.
2. From the times of cave men, women have been responsible for domestic chores.
3. They do not need education for when they grow up, women do not need to work as they will not be able to earn as good as men.
4. If girls are educated, then when they grow into women as adults they want to work and they do not want to have babies. Take example of countries like Germany and Japan, birth rate is falling there as women do not want to conceive.
5. Educated women are anarchic. They do not listen to men and it leads to chaos.
Chapter 6(C) - Children and Computers Exercise 126
Computers and Children
Boon or bane
1. The technology savy children of today have accepted the computer as an integral part of their lives.
2. With the help of computers and internet, it is now much easier for children to access information of all sorts.
3. With the help of computers, education has become interesting. Children can now search any topic, for example science or social studies, under the sky with the help of search engines like Google and Yahoo.
4. Children learn new things faster and are up to date with the latest happenings around the globe.
5. E-learning is the latest trend these days. Various educational portals have come up. The purpose is to help children in their education.
1. Computer is a machine that makes everything on the Internet so easily accessible that it is difficult to keep children away from things they are not supposed to know at a certain age.
2. Children spend much time in playing games or social networking rather than their education and learning.
3. As everything is just one click away, children are becoming lazy and have lost the habit of manually referring to books or even dictionary.
4. They like to spend much time on the computer rather than playing outdoor games. They do social networking only on the Internet rather than going out and playing with friends.
5. The new disease on the computer or to say Internet is the 'virtual world'. It is a computer-based simulated environment. A user takes an avatar and lives it virtually on the computer. It has its own negative effects, the user starts losing grip on the real world.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number