NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Chapter 4(A) - Treading The Green Path- Towards Preservation
Updated NCERT Textbook Solutions Coming Soon!
Chapter 4(A) - Treading The Green Path- Towards Preservation Exercise 121
Complete the following statements by choosing answers from the box given below and check your awareness about environment.
1. This animal is hunted for it's under wool, shahtoosh, which is used to make shawls and scarves. This is the Chiru/Tibetan antelope.
2. The key threat to tigers is loss of habitat.
3. The Sumatran Rhino is possibly the most critically endangered of the Asian Rhinos. The rhinos are hunted primarily because of their horn, which is used in traditional Asian medicine.
4. The tiger has few enemies. The main predator of the tiger is the human being.
5. The largest endangered land mammal is the Asian Elephant.
6. The name given to the list of endangered/threatened species is The Red list of Threatened Species.
7. The major environmental factor thought to cause the loss of habitat for the polar bear is global warming.
8. One of the reasons the WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) was created was to educate and encourage conservation.
Chapter 4(A) - Treading The Green Path- Towards Preservation Exercise 125
The correct order of the subheadings and their paragraph number is given below:
1. Whitaker's love for nature, his vision and ambition - 01, 02
2. Whitaker's achievements - 02, 03
3. Becoming a conversationalist - 04
4. Water shortage and the need to save rainforests - 05, 06, 07
5. The Agumbe station - 06, 07, 08
6. The network of rainforest research stations - 09, 10
7. People's support - 11
(a) he was determined
(b) establish rainforest research stations
(c) Rolex award money
(d) Animals cannot be saved without saving their habitat
(c) Water shortage
(c) Sustainable development of forest products
Chapter 4(A) - Treading The Green Path- Towards Preservation Exercise 127
Subject: The necessity to take steps to preserve bio-reserves
I would like to draw the kind attention of the concerned authorities towards thedepleting bio-reserves of our country through this column of your esteemed newspaper. The flora and fauna of our country are in a threat due to fast development of technology. Pollution of air, land, water and radioactive waste has led to lesser availability of sources of drinking water.
You are requested to kindly look into the matter and respond to it immediately. Strict actions need to be taken for the same.
Other Chapters for CBSE Class 10 EnglishChapter 1(B)- Laughter- the Best Medicine Chapter 1(C)- Whopping Walter Hudson Chapter 1(D)- The World of Sports Chapter 1(E)- Nature's Medicines Chapter 1(A)- Do Indians get enough sleep? Chapter 2(A)- My Struggle for an Education Chapter 2(B)- Educating the Girl Child Chapter 2(C)- Inclusive Education Chapter 2D- Vocational Education Chapter 3(C)- Space Travel Chapter 3(D)- Letters From The Planet Aurigae II Chapter 3(A)- Promise for the Future: Renewable Energy Chapter 3(B)- Plugging into Future Chapter 4(B)- Heroes of the Environment Chapter 4(C)- Let's Clean Up Chapter 4(D)- A Tale of Three Villages Chapter 4(E)- Geological Heritage Chapter 5(A)- Land of All Seasons Chapter 5(B)- Eco Tourism Chapter 5(C)- The Emerald Islands Chapter 5(D)- Promoting Tourism Chapter 6(A)- Unity in Diversity Chapter 6(B)- Challenges to National IntegRation Chapter 6(C)- Spirit of Unity Chapter 6(D)- Mile Sur Mera Tumhara
NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 10 SubjectsNCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics NCERT Solutions for Class 10 History NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Economics NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Hindi NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Biology NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Chemistry NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Physics NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number