NAGALAND Class 12-science Physics Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
1. Photoelectric effect shows the quantum nature of light.
2. The minimum amount of energy required by the electrons to leave the metallic surface is known as work function of the metal.
3. Einsteinandrsquo;s photoelectric equation gives the maximum kinetic energy of the electron, Kmax = hn - Wo .
Dual Nature of Matter1. de Broglie predicted that just like radiation, matter too should have dual nature.
2. The de Broglie wavelength of a particle is given as Planckandrsquo;s constant divided by momentum of the particle.
3. Davisson-Germer experiment on electron diffraction proved that electrons do behave as waves.
4. Heisenbergandrsquo;s uncertainty principle states that uncertainty in position (andDelta;x) into uncertainty in momentum andDelta;p to be of the order of Planckandrsquo;s constant divided by 2.