ICSE Class 8 Maths Discount Problems
When you buy goods or services, you may get a discount sometimes. Learn how this discount is calculated using the available information by revising the concept of discount. You can do so by going through our ICSE Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Profit, Loss and Discount - Discount Problems study materials. Also, relearn concepts such as marked price and discounted price with our revision notes.
Find out why discount plays an important role in sales by practising discount problems from our ICSE Board Class 8 Maths question papers. For complete revision of Maths Chapter 8, you can utilise TopperLearning’s practice tests and concept videos.
- Tanya buys an electric iron for rupees 712.80 which includes two successive discount of 10% and 4% respectively on the Marked price and then 10% tax on the remaining price find the
- Chander purchased a watch at 20% discount on iys marked price but sold it at the marked price. Find the gain percent on chander on the transaction
- Even after offering a 15 % discount to his customers, a trader is still earning a 19 % profit. By how much percentage has the trader marked up his cost price?
- A shopkeeper is allowing a discount of 20% on his goods, how much percent above the cost price should he mark his goods, so that after allowing a discount on marked price, he gains 25%?
- A shopkeeper allows 20 percent discount on his goods and still earns a profit of 20 percent.If an article is sold for Rs360 ,find: The marked price The cost price
- The sweater was slashed down from 850 to 751 find the rate of discount
- The market price of a scooter is rupees 35000 it is sold at a discount of 12% find the selling price of scooter
- A sells his goods at 15% discount. Find the price of an article which is sold for ₹680.
- After allowing a discount of 15% on M.P. of an article, dealer still makes a profit of 19%.By what % is the M.P. above C.P. ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number