ICSE Class 10 Biology Transport Of Materials Processes
In this Biology chapter, study in detail about the transport system in plants. Learn from our ICSE Class 10 Biology – Absorption by Roots – The Processes Involved – Transport of Materials Processes study resources to understand the function of vascular tissues. In addition, practise multiple choice questions and true or false questions by attempting our online practice tests.
For chapter revision, go through our ICSE Class 10 Biology topic notes. Understand how water and minerals are transported in plants with our video lessons. Also, revise the functions of root hair in this chapter. For more practice, you can refer to our sample papers and previous years’ question papers. In case you have any questions related to absorption by roots in plants, you can visit the ‘UnDoubt’ section at TopperLearning. Our academic experts will help you resolve your doubts through this section of our study portal.
- The water reaches to the top most part of a tree due to the transpirational pull during day time. What makes water rise upwards during night?
- Why balsam plant is always used in most of the plant experiments.
- what are osmosis
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- State true or false raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
- The following paragraph is related to absorption of water from the soil. Complete the following paragraph by selecting the correct word from those given below. You may use a term only once. (exosmosis, hypertonic, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, cortical, endosmosis, phloem). Water enters the root hair from the soil by the process of (i) __________. This is because the solution in the soil is (ii) __________ whereas the cell sap in the root hair cell is (iii) __________. The water then passes through the (iv) __________ cells by cell to cell (v) __________ and reaches the xylem of the root. please answer question number (1) & (v).
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number