what is the meaning of bleeding gums.
Bleeding gums mainly occur due to inadequate plaque removal from the teeth at the gum line. Gums may start bleeding due to inflammation of the gums.
Causes of bleeding gums:
- Brushing too hard
- Improper flossing
- Infection, which can be either tooth- or gum-related
- Scurvy (caused due to deficiency of Vitamin C)
- Vitamin K deficiency
Prevention of gum bleeding:
- Visit the dentist at least once every 6 months for plaque removal.
- Brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush after every meal.
- Flossing teeth twice a day can prevent plaque from building up.
- Avoiding snacking between meals and reducing carbohydrates can also help.
- Follow a balanced, healthy diet.