Sun February 12, 2012 By: Shubham Bharti

tan fi= (Xc-XL)/R or tan fi= (XL-Xc)/R

Expert Reply
Sun February 12, 2012
Phase angle ? by which alternating current lags behind the alternating voltage is:
tan? =(XL -XC)/R
when XL > XC, Tan? is positive . therefore, ? is positive. hence voltage leads the current by a phase angle ?.
when XL < XC ,Tan? is negative.therefore, ? is negative. hence voltage lags behind the current by a phase angle ?.
Related Questions
Thu September 28, 2017


Home Work Help