rite dwn d various properties of magnetism in detail
- All the magnets have two types of poles: north-seeking poles or north poles and south-seeking poles or south poles. Magnetic properties are concentrated at the poles.
- When a bar magnet is horizontally and freely suspended, it always comes to rest in a north-south direction. North pole of the magnet points to the North Pole of the Earth.
- Like poles repel, unlike poles attract. (just as like charges repel and unlike charges attract).
- Magnets attract magnetic materials such as iron, steel, cobalt and nickel.
- The stronger the poles, the larger will be the attractive or repulsive force between them. Also, the closer together they are, the greater is the force.