Question
Sun March 15, 2015 By: Susheela Bhat

A manifacturer makes 1200 articles at rs. 2.50 each.He marks each of them at such a price that if only 800 articles are sold, he would make a profit of 40% of his outlay. But however, he is able to sell 840 articles at their M.P and remaining at 60% of their M.P.. Calculate the manifacturer's total profit as pecent.

Expert Reply
Prasenjit Paul
Mon March 16, 2015
C o s t space p r i c e space o f space 1200 space a r t i c l e s space equals space 1200 cross times 2.5 equals R s space 3000 C o s t space p r i c e space o f space 800 space a r t i c l e s space equals space 800 cross times 2.5 equals R s space 2000 P r o f i t space p e r c e n t space equals space 40 % S P space o f space t h e space m a n u f a c t u r e r equals 3000 plus 40 over 100 cross times 3000 equals R s space 4200 M a r k e d space p r i c e space o f space 1 space a r t i c l e space equals space 4200 over 800 equals 21 over 4 equals R s space 5.25 M a r k e d space P r i c e space o f space 840 space a r t i c l e s equals space 840 cross times 5.25 equals R s.4410 R e m a i n i n g space a r t i c l e s equals 1200 minus 840 equals 360 M P space o f space t h e space 360 space a r t i c l e s equals 360 cross times 5.25 equals R s space 1890 S e l l i n g space P r i c e space o f space t h e space 360 space a r t i c l e s equals 1890 minus 60 over 100 cross times 1890 equals 1890 minus 756 equals R s space 1134 S e l l i n g space P r i c e space o f space a l l space a r t i c l e s equals 4410 plus 1134 equals R s space 5544 O v e r a l l space p r o f i t % equals fraction numerator 5544 minus 3000 over denominator 3000 end fraction cross times 100 equals 84.8 %
Home Work Help