Please wait...
1800-212-7858 (Toll Free)
9:00am - 8:00pm IST all days


Thanks, You will receive a call shortly.
Customer Support

You are very important to us

For any content/service related issues please contact on this toll free number


Mon to Sat - 11 AM to 8 PM

Yes but if I write hept-4-ene-1-alcohol instead of hept-4-ene-1-ol will the answer be wrong? Also, when there is a double bond in the structure and a functional group OH, when numbering should the lowest number go to OH or to the double bond?

Asked by Deebu 12th March 2015, 12:58 PM
Answered by Expert
Even if you write hept-4-ene-1-alcohol the answer wont be considered wrong.
The functional group present in the given organic compound is alcohol so ideally as per IUPAC nomenclature the correcy way to write the name of the compound is  hept-4-ene-1-ol.
The lowest numbering should be given to the alcohol.
Answered by Expert 14th March 2015, 8:46 PM
Rate this answer
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

You have rated this answer /10

Your answer has been posted successfully!

Chat with us on WhatsApp