With the help of a labelled diagram, describe in brief an activity to show sublimation of ammonium chloride.
1. Take some ammonium chloride. Crush it and put it in a china dish.
2. Put an inverted funnel over the china dish.
3. Put a cotton plug on the stem of the funnel, as shown in the diagram below.
4. Now, heat the china dish slowly with the help of a Bunsen burner and observe.
5. Ammonium chloride which is in the solid state on exposure to heat will directly change into the vapour state.
6. The vapours on rising up in the funnel will start condensing and form crystals of ammonium chloride.
You have rated this answer /10