Why is the Earth known as a unique planet?
The Earth is known as a unique planet as life exists on it. This is because of the following reasons:
- The Earth is located at an optimum distance from the Sun. Hence it is neither too hot nor too cold.
- The Earth has an average temperature of 17°C, which is suitable to sustain all life forms.
- The Earth has an atmosphere which is made up of gases like oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide.
- While the Ozone layer prevents the harmful rays of the Sun from entering into the Earth, carbon dioxide traps the Sun’s heat, keeping the planet warm.
- The Earth has water which is essential for the survival of all living beings.
You have rated this answer /10