CBSE - IX - Biology
Why is organic farming considered benefecial for crop production? Why is it called an ecofriendly process?
Organic farming is a method of crop and livestock production that makes use of organic waste and other biological materials and beneficial microbes and minimises the use of pesticides, fertilisers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics and growth hormones.
The general principles of organic farming are:
- Protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health.
- Maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil.
- Maintain biological diversity within the system
- Recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise
- Rely on renewable resources in locally organized agricultural systems
That is why, organic farming is considered to be beneficial for crop production and is regarded as an eco-friendly process.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10