Why has the tertiary sector become the largest producer in India over the last thirty years? Explain four reasons.
- In a developing country like India, the Government has to undertake the provision of various services such as health facilities, providing education, credit at cheap rates, police stations and municipal corporations, which are essential for the overall growth of the people and the country.
- The development of primary and secondary sectors have resulted in the rise of several services that are required for the smooth functioning of these sectors such as banking, transportation and insurance.
- The information technology and communication sector has seen a tremendous growth in the last twenty years.
- It employs highly skilled and educated workers on one side and on the other hand many people are working as small shopkeepers, and transporters.
- Therfore the services produced in the tertiary sector has increased a lot and they contribute the most to Gross domestic product.
You have rated this answer /10