WHAT SHOULD BE THE POINTS WRITTEN FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF DNA COPYING IN REPRODUCTION??
WHY IS DNA COPYING AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE PROCESS OF REPRODUCTION?
- DNA copying mechanism is extremely necessary for reproduction as copying of DNA helps in transfer of information or characters from parents to offspring.
- It also generates variations during sexual reproduction. This variation leads to evolution.
- DNA copying is also necessary because DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid) is the genetic material found in chromosomes, which are present in the nucleus of a cell. DNA determines the body design of an individual. It carries the genetic information and key for the production of every type of cell proteins, which control the function of living organisms.
- If DNA is not copied properly, then offspring might face some serious abnormalities or might not even be produced.
- DNA copying also helps in proper survival of the organism by similar copying and variation during DNA copying leads to evolution.
You have rated this answer /10