What is the importance of the atmosphere?
The importance of the atmosphere is as follows:
- The atmosphere protects the Earth from the solar radiation. It filters the harmful ultraviolet rays of the Sun.
- The atmosphere traps the required heat of the Sun and allows the rest to escape into space, thus maintaining a moderate temperature on the Earth. This ensures the existence of various life forms.
- Due to the friction created in the atmosphere, many meteors and meteorites get burned in the atmosphere, which would have otherwise fallen on to the surface of the Earth.
- Because of the difference in the temperature of the atmosphere, air gets circulated causing winds and the rains. All forms of life depend on these phenomena.
- Soil absorbs nitrogen and oxygen which is present in the atmosphere. This helps plants to grow.
- The water cycle takes place due to the processes of evaporation, condensation and precipitation. Water vapour, which is a part of the atmosphere, condenses to form clouds resulting in rainfall.
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Chemistry Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- English Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Hindi Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Mathematics Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Physics Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Science Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Social Studies Question Answers for ICSE Class 7