What is an eclipse?
- Eclipse are the astronomical events that occur when a celestial body moves into the shadow of other celestial body i.e. the earth and moon aligned in front of the sun cast shadows on each other.
- The word eclipse means ‘hidden’ i.e. disappearing or invisible.
- An object is invisible to an observer if:
- The object itself is not a source of light and light from other source is not falling on it.
- The view of the object is blocked by an obstacle or it arises between the object and the observer.
- The two types of eclipse formed depending upon the moon are solar eclipse and lunar eclipse.
You have rated this answer /10