What are Retreating monsoon.Explain
- During October and November, the South West monsoon winds become weaker and start retreating from the Northern Plains by the beginning of October.
- The retreat is by clear skies and the increase in mercury northern plains.
- The retreat of monsoon is marked level. This increase in temperature is termed as ‘October heat’.
- At this time, the low pressure conditions shift to the Bay of Bengal giving rise to cyclonic depressions. These cyclonic depressions often results in the destruction of life and property generally on the eastern coast and the southern coast.
- Most of the rainfall of the Coromandel Coast is derived from depressions and cyclones.
You have rated this answer /10