what are germ layer ?
- Germ layer is a layer of cell which forms during early embryogenesis.
- During gastrulation, a stage in embryogenesis or embryonic development, the hollow ball of cells called blastula arranges itself into the layer of cells which is a germ layer.
- At the end of gastrulation three germs layers are formed: an outer ectoderm, middle mesoderm and inner endoderm.
- Each germ layer differentiates and gives rise to different systems of the body.
- For example, ectoderm develops into the central nervous system, peripheral nervous system, eyes, ears, epidermis, nose
- Mesoderm gives rise to muscles, bones, cartilage, kidneys, gonads.
- Endoderm gives rise to lining of internal organs, pancreas, liver, urinary bladder
You have rated this answer /10