this ques. is of 10 marks. so what r the proper steps involved ?
Arrange the given numbers for multiplication as shown in figure, the boxes show the digits we should find.
As we can see we need 2 at unit place in the final answer and this will come from 9Xa.
Hence a = 8, so that finally we'll have 2 in the unit place. Hence a = 8.
Carry out multiplication by 8, and hence first row of boxes can be replaced now by 7992.
Now we need 3 at the tens place in the final answer, and that'll come from 9 + (9xb) = ***3.
Hence b has to be 6. And now we'll get the second row of boxes.
Similarly complete the multiplication, and final answer is as shown in the figure.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics