There is a race , in which, every participant starts from a bucket, picks up the nearest ball and runs back to drop it in the bucket. Then again, he or she runs back to nearest ball and runs back to drop it in the bucket. Each participant continues like this in the same way until all the balls are in the bucket.
The balls are kept at a distance of 4 m from each other and there are 8 balls in all. How much distance does each participant needs to travel in order to finish the race?
Distance travelled by the participant in order to pick up the first ball and drop it in the bucket= 4 + 4 = 8 m
Distance travelled by the participant to pick up the second ball and drop it in basket = 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 16 m
Similarly, distance travelled by competitor to pick up third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth balls are 24 m, 32 m, 40 m, 48 m, 56 m, 64 m
a = 8 m
common difference = d = 8m
So, each participant has to cover a distance of 288 m in order to complete the race
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics