The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers is 394. Find them.
Let the numbers be x and x + 1.
From the given conditions, we have:
x2 + (x + 1)2 = 394
2x2 + 2x - 393 = 0
Now, use quadratic formula to find x.
On solving for the values of x, you will observe that you will get x as an irrational number and not an integer. Hence, we would request you to cross check the question which you have posted.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics