The sum of any three distinct natural numbers arranged in ascending order is 200 such that the second number is a perfect cube. how many possible values are there for this number?
The middle number can take the values of 8, 27,64, or 125, although 1 is also a perfect cube, it can not be the second number since the numbers are arranged in the ascending order.
The greatest perfect cube smaller than 200 is cube of 5 = 125, the cube of 6 = 216 and
216 is greater than 200.
Hence, there are 4 possible values for the middle number.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics