The prime minister is the Head of the Government. Justify
the Prime Minister is the head of the government due to the following reasons:
- The Prime Minister can appoint the cabinet ministers. He can also ask for the resignation of any minister if the latter is not able to fulfill his duties. Thus, all the council of ministers hold cabinet at the pleasure of the Prime Minister.
- As Chairperson of the Cabinet, he summons its meetings and presides over them. He also takes important decisions that are related to the working of the government and the country.
- The Prime Minister is the link between the President and the cabinet ministers. All the communications to the President regarding the policies formulated by the cabinet is made by the Prime Minister.
- The Prime Minister decides the foreign policy of the country (also declaring wars and signing peace treaties). He represents the country in key foreign summits.
- All the key appointments in the government department and various ministries take place with the approval of the Prime Minister.
- All the key economic policies are formulated by the government with the approval of the Prime Minister. He may also give important guidelines to the Finance Minister while the preparing the budget of the country.
You have rated this answer /10