The horizontal distance between two poles is 15 m. The angle of depression of the top of first pole as seen from the top of second pole is 30o. If the height of the second pole is 24 m, find the height of the first pole.
Let AB and CD be the two poles, where CD (the second pole) = 24 m.
BD = 15 m
Let the height of pole AB be h m.
AL = BD = 15 m and AB = LD = h
So, CL = CD - LD = 24 - h
Thus, height of the first pole is 15.34 m.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics