teacher , on attempting to arrange the students for mass P.T. in the form of a square, found that 24
Let X be the number of students/rowsand N be the total number of students.
Number of rows = Number of students per row, since it's a square arrangement.
Number of students in the square = X2
Number of students leftover = 24
And they must add to total number of students, N.
X2 + 24 = N
(X+1)2 - 25 = N
X2 + 2X + 1 - 25 = N = X2 + 24
2X - 24 = 24
X = 24.
Hence total number of students X2 + 24 = 600
There are 600 students.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics